Foscam FI8910W Network Camera with Audio and Night Vision
Of late whenever I see the rising reports of crimes caused by negligence that could have been prevented by a little foresight and planning I feel that we become wiser AFTER the incident has taken place. The other day something similar happened when a brand new footwear was stolen outside my apartment by someone who took a fancy to it, and my poor guest was made to drive home without his shoes on. That made me think – can I do something to atleast see who took it? Maybe if it was a known person I may even get the product back? That is when I zeroed in on the Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision.
So what is this product and why I am interested in it? Let’s see what tickled me to buy it:
- Stream live video and audio directly to your PC (Windows & Mac), Smartphone (Iphone/Android/Blackberry) or Tablet PC (Ipad/Android/Windows 8).
- Ridiculously easy to set up. Works right out of the box – connect the camera to your wireless network, setup port-forwarding and you are good to go.
- Wi-Fi remote monitoring camera. Watch live on your iPhone, Android, or PC.
- Built-in speaker and mic that allow you to communicate or check-up without the need for a telephone or computer.
- Night vision up to 24 feet in case there is no provision for outside lighting.
- Pan and tilt remotely using the app.
Once the camera is setup, the camera operates without the need for any computer. Should you require any guidance, you can see a set of step-by-step video tutorials which are available on the Foscam US website under the “Support” section.
Now you can monitor your homes, your kids, your house-staff, your garage/lawns or even have a chat with the elderly people at home while you are away at work.
Note: the links in this page are affiliate links.