- Wastage of battery charge reducing its efficiency.
- Increasing the charge cycles so that also is a minus.
- Heat generation.
- Hard disk goes to off mode when battery gets completely drained raising chances of HDD bad sectors.
- Waste of energy so not a good idea if you are bothered about the green aspect of saving energy.
Regarding your second question here is my answer: There are many places to buy replacement laptop batteries, but my favorite is Amazon(US) (and the Indian Amazon would be the first place to go if you are from India due to faster Shipping).
Why Amazon ? There are several reasons:
- Price – Amazon has consistently lower prices in almost everything. Why pay more to your laptop manufacturer when you can get the same battery or a high quality equivalent for a lot less on Amazon?
- Stock variety – Amazon probably has a good selection of recent brands’ replacement batteries to choose from.
- Trust – Quality of Amazon products will matter a great deal if its something as critical as a Laptop.
- Free Shipping – Amazon will generally waiver the shipping charges when the order total is $35 (in India it is 499/-) or more.
- Easy Returns – If you happen to order the wrong battery or if it is defective, no worry. Amazon’s easy return policy makes it easy to return and get a replacement immediately. If the product is defective they will arrange to pick it up or may reimburse the courier cost.
How to Order a replacement battery for your laptop from Amazon.
- Visit www.Amazon.com or Amazon.in and type your laptop’s brand and model number along with the keyword battery into the search box, then press Enter. For example, if you need a battery for a Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 you must type the following into the search box:
Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 battery
- Browse through the list of replacement batteries presented and select the one you’d like to buy.
Note: The links in this post are affiliate links.