Today we see a lot of people using the 3G facility on their mobile to connect other devices like a laptop or another mobile. There is also the 4G that is slowly coming up in many cities in India. So the chances that if you have a Hotspot option in your mobile you will use it to connect other devices to that 3G.
What if you do not have that option? Or if you do not want to use that option for a long duration as it consumes your mobile battery charge rapidly?
That is where my recommendations come in.
1. TP-Link TL-MR3020 Mini Pocket 3G/4G Wireless Router (Grey). This nifty device will just the job. Whether you want to share your existing Broadband connection or share a 3G Dongle give it a try.
- Sleek, portable design with and Mini USB Port
- IP-based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each connected device.
- Decent range of signal. Users reviews here are positive and can be read here.
- Work with many 3G Modem USB dongles. You can find the list of compatible usb modems on TP Link website http://www.tp-link.in/
So if you are still not convinced look at the 1000+ positive reviews and get convinced.
2. Asus RT N 10U 3G/4G Router
- 3G/4G sharing is a breeze. Use it with the regular cable broadband to ensure seamless connectivity.
- Regular LAN for Broadband and local networking
- USB port doubles up as: FTP server, printer server, and 3G/4G modem
- Fantastic range of WI-FI signal
The two cons I have against it is that
- USSD command is not supported which means you can not check your prepaid balance using the short-codes (like for e.g, *111*6*2# as in Vodafone).
- Its form factor is not something like the one above.
Other wise its a superb bang-for-the-buck device.
In case you have any doubts please read the info and reviews here and then go for it.
See you all folks with another dose of geeky advice!